Who Should Attend
This class is intended for anyone with limited or no prior experience in building queries with Showcase 9. The class content minimizes "behind the scenes" technology and presents information from an end user perspective through presentations and hands-on learning experiences.
What to Expect
The class begins with basic query building and progresses through a wide range of topic areas. Learning experiences include:
- Results filtering
- File joining
- Runtime prompts
- Results formatting
- Output options
- Expressions for new column creation (SQL functions)
- Expressions for filtering (conditions)
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with the trainer, during sessions
- Student Training Environment Requirements
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Showcase 9 installed on your IBM i
- IBM i profile and password
- Showcase IBM i Driver Data Source
- Showcase 9 Client installed on your PC
- Read authority to training data tables (SCDBTRAIN library)
Each person who wants to take the class must register. Class size is limited to give participants the individual attention they need.
Registration is required at least 72 hours before the class. You can cancel your registration up to 72 hours before the class without penalty. No-shows will be billed.