This class is for Sequel developers who need to create multi-step and complex processes. We’ll create scripts and script views that are suitable for end users and for scheduling (including techniques for batch queries that create physical files). Topics range from basic concepts through advanced script design. Participants should be comfortable designing run-time prompted views in Viewpoint. Schedule your class for your team’s convenience.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of scripting
- Sequel commands used in scripts
- Requirements for script creation
- Script creation
- Using variables in scripts
- Changing between script and script view
Who should attend?
This class is designed for Sequel Viewpoint developers who need to create multi-step processes. An understanding of simple Viewpoint variables (prompts) is also required.
- High-speed internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or T1)
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current version of Sequel installed on your IBM i
- Current version of Sequel Viewpoint installed on your PC
- Viewpoint design authority
- Access to Viewpoint during class for hands-on exercies
- Authority to create class objects during class for hands-on experience
- An IBM i user library where class objects can be saved
- Access to all objects in the SEQUELEX library from Viewpoint
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with trainers during sessions
Pregistration is required at least 72 hours before the class. You can cancel your registration up to 72 hours before the class without penalty. No-shows will be billed.