You'll learn to summarize data in your views and Sequel Tabler, work with powerful date functions to create and manipulate dates, and use Union when information is in multiple files that can't be joined.
- Creating and controlling summary levels using Group By
- Building result columns using Aggregate Functions
- Controlling summary record selection with Having
- Analyzing supporting data with Dynamic Regroup & Show Details
- Converting numeric and character fields to date fields
- Calculating age between dates in multiple formats
- Delivering cross-tab summary information with SEQUEL Tabler
- Merging file data with Union
Who Should Attend
The class is designed for Sequel Viewpoint users who need more than basic views.
- A high-speed Internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or T1)
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current version of Sequel installed on your System i
- Current version of Sequel Viewpoint installed on your PC
- ViewPoint design authority
- Access to ViewPoint during class for hands-on exercises
- Authority to create Sequel objects during class for hands-on experience
- A user library where you can save Sequel objects
- Access to the Sequel objects in the SEQUELEX library from ViewPoint
- Comfortable building simple views in the ViewPoint environment
- A clear grasp of the basic Sequel clauses (SELECT, FROM, ORDER BY, WHERE & JOIN)
What to Expect
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with trainers during sessions
Each person who wants to take the class must register. Class size is limited to give participants the individual attention they need.
Registration is required at least 72 hours before the class. You can cancel your registration up to 72 hours before the class without penalty. No-shows will be billed.