Your data is your business. IBM i backup and recovery plans are critical to good business, and saving data requires planning based on your restoration needs.
During your sessions, you'll cover the following topics:
- System i Overview
- Operating System Release
- System i Data
- How Applications Affect Data
- The 5 Ws Discussion:
- Why Back Up Data?
- Where to Store Data (hardware, disk, SAN, HA, and more)
- What Data to Save (to guarantee successful business recovery)
- Window of Opportunity—24/7 business requirements and more
- What is Your Disaster Recovery Plan?
- Save Commands
- Evaluating Backups
- Backup Tips
- What Is Your Business Backup Strategy?
- How Should You Track Saved Data?
- Restore Commands
- Objects Not Restored
- Recovery Plan
- Recovery Tips
Backup and Recovery is a 2-hour, recorded training that you can take at your own pace. Allowing time for breaks and course exercises, the course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.