Data breaches like Equifax and Capital One have once again raised the specter of compliance mandates: those abstract rules and confusing regulations that levy eye-popping fines for cybersecurity missteps.
IT teams are on the front lines, tasked with maintaining system configurations that will pass an audit—but few mandates are written for a technical audience. Laws like HIPAA, SOX, and GDPR give us a general sense of what outcome we need to achieve, but they’re far from an instruction manual or roadmap.
IBM i raises unique considerations because few auditors know what to look for on this open but highly securable OS, and most admins are unfamiliar with regulations and security best practices.
In this live webinar, IBM Champion Robin Tatam and security expert Sandi Moore are teaming up to help you decode common requirements and build a roadmap to compliance. Join this session to learn:
- What all compliance mandates have in common
- How to translate mandates into actionable items
- How to speak your auditor’s language
- Strategies for getting (and staying) compliant on IBM i
- Why regulations aren’t the only reasons to care about security