Whether it’s a negligent employee or the result of espionage, insider threats are now on almost every cybersecurity expert’s list of top concerns. This anxiety about insider threats and their management was recently illustrated with the new Insider Threat Report by Cybersecurity Insiders, sponsored by HelpSystems. For instance, 70% of cybersecurity professionals surveyed believe that insider attacks have become more frequent in the past year alone.
Even more alarming is the fact that 62% of organizations experienced at least one insider attack in the last year, and that over 80% of respondents listed the average remediation cost at over $100,000 per incident. With these worrisome statistics, it’s more important than ever to take action.
Join Bob Erdman, Senior Cybersecurity Product Manager at HelpSystems and Mike Lynch, Senior Sales Engineer at Core Security for actionable advice on how to keep insider threats out of your organization. Learn about important, achievable strategies, including:
- Implementing the right tools
- Focus on swift detection and deterrence
- Effectively managing user privileges
- Increasing protection of most vulnerable data
- Maintaining policies to ensure proper configuration
- Additional employee training to increase awareness