This instructor-led course focuses on how to write professional reports with Viewpoint Host Report Writer. It offers a comprehensive introduction to Host Reports, from building basic reports to more sophisticated reporting tasks.
- An overview of Host Report Writer
- The 4-step New Report Wizard
- Control of line placement & spacing
- Field positioning & attribute control
- Calculation elements
- Output options
- PDF overlays
The class is designed for Viewpoint designers who need to create or maintain Host Reports. Students are expected to know how to create simple views in Viewpoint.
- A high-speed Internet connection
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- Current versions of Showcase 10 and Viewpoint
- A workstation with dual monitors or a projector to display the teacher’s screen
- View design authority and experience (including simple variables)
- Access to Viewpoint during class for hands-on exercises
- An IBM i user library where class objects can be saved
- Access to all objects (files and views) in the SEQUELEX and SEQUELEX2 libraries.
This class follows a blended approach to learning that includes:
- Presentation and live demonstrations
- Hands-on activities on your own system
- Participant interaction with trainers during sessions