On IBM i, we tend to focus on securing “green screen” activities or securing by obscurity, trusting that users on the network won’t know what to do anyway. Both approaches share a common flaw: bypassing menu and application restrictions is simple on the majority of IBM i servers.
Thanks to modern network interfaces, anyone with credentials may be able to steal and damage critical data and even execute powerful server commands, all without passing through a single menu or crossing a command line!
In this webinar with security expert and IBM Champion Robin Tatam, you’ll learn:
- How IBM shipped your system to you with all users granted full access to the database
- How commands are controlled at four levels
- How profiles with Limited Capabilities can still run commands
- Why today’s Power System servers share the security DNA of an aged AS/400
- The simplest and most surefire way to prevent unauthorized access to your IFS, your server, and to your critical databases
If preventing malicious server access and a costly disruption of day-to-day business activities is important for your organization, you don’t want to miss this presentation!
Get a customer demo of Powertech Exit Point Manager for IBM i to learn how it can prevent users from bypassing menu and application restrictions on IBM i servers.