While PowerShell is an essential part of the IT toolkit, many automation architects find its scripting syntax painful to use.
Luckily, there are new ways to structure your PowerShell scripts to be successfully scheduled, executed, and monitored. In fact, your team can automate many of your daily workloads through integrated scheduling, logging, and capturing of results and success/failure notifications.
Watch the on-demand webinar on PowerShell automation to learn how to put an easy automation layer around your existing PowerShell scripts.
You’ll learn how to:
- Eliminate the use of Windows Task Scheduler
- Run coordinated workflows across multiple servers
- Implement PowerShell logging and notification with no changes
- Use simpler actions to accomplish much of what PowerShell does
- Include individual PowerShell commands in your simplified workflows
Jump-start your thinking on how to save time by automating everyday PowerShell processes with Automate. Your vendors, customers, and employees will thank you.
Webinar Sample Tasks
This webinar comes with downloadable samples. Click here to download.
Installing the samples
Run powershell-webinar.exe and click the Unzip button to unzip AML sample files to:
Then open each AML sample file in Task Builder or import to Automate Enterprise Repository via the Import options.
**The samples should run in Automate V11 without any changes and then you can start borrowing for your own samples. If you need a version for Automate V10, you can open the AML files in Notepad or Notepad++ and copy statements into a V10 task.
- powershell-dirlistsample-v11.aml – List directory with PowerShell action and iterate results
- powershell-wordautomation-external-v11.aml – Generate Word document via Word automation by running external PowerShell script via powershell.exe
- powershell-wordautomation-internal-v11.aml – Generate Word document via Word automation by running internal embedded PowerShell script
Please DO NOT reach out to the Automate support team for help with any of these samples as these are webinar code samples provided as-is, not supported final workflows or tasks. You accept all risk in downloading and using any of these code samples.
See how you can streamline PowerShell processes and other business-critical workflows with a personalized demonstration of Automate.