The new EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects organisations anywhere in the world that collect and process data of European residents. The law takes effect on 25 May 2018, leaving less than 15 months to develop and update policies and systems to comply with GDPR.
Realistically, if you haven’t already started to plan and understand what GDPR means to your organisation, it’s time to get started!
In the first of our Preparing for GDPR webinar series, HelpSystems GDPR expert Donnie MacColl is joined by Computing Editor Peter Gothard to discuss:
- The purpose of GDPR and who will it affect
- GDPR implications: penalties (fines), notification, and rectification of a data breach
- The 8 rights according to GDPR
- How to raise awareness of GDPR
- Identifying data that you process and store, where it came from, and the reasons why you do this
- Updating policies and enforcing GDPR
- Preparing for a data breach
Find out how to get on track toward GDPR compliance in a free 30-minute consultation with HelpSystems' GDPR experts.