In 1986, IBM launched AIX®, its open standards-based UNIX operating system. Now, on its 35th Anniversary, this popular platform continues to support critical applications for organizations around the world. With such a strong presence in IT environments, AIX and its specific usage is of great interest to IT experts as they evaluate their own technology ecosystems in light of remote working trends and changing security, regulatory, and efficiency requirements.
This 5th annual survey was conducted in Q4 2020 to gauge how AIX is being used and the role it will play for IT leaders in the coming years. Hundreds of IT professionals from various industries around the world participated.
This panel of experts will address trends related to this marketplace. Our experts have experience in covering many other technologies and their unique experiences with other platforms were compared to these results too. Below are some examples of questions asked:
- What are your top IT concerns?
- What are your greatest cybersecurity challenges?
- How has the COVID-19 environment impacted your IT team?
- What automation tools are you using?
- Does AIX provide a better ROI than other servers?
- What version of POWER and what OS level is most prevalent?