When doing an upgrade to IBM i, it’s more work to plan the upgrade than to make the upgrade itself. Once you have a plan, the actual upgrade is simple.
Do you know what you need to upgrade to IBM i 7.3?
Pete Massiello, former president of COMMON and current president of iTech Solutions, has helped many IBM i users make the move. In this recorded webinar, Pete joins Tom Huntington to get you on the right path to an upgrade by helping you answer key questions like these:
- What is the right size for the load source?
- How do I increase the licensed internal code?
- Which version of Java is compatible with the new release?
- Which console options are no longer available with 7.3?
- Do I have the correct set of disks for the upgrade?
- What do I need to do differently when upgrading from 6.1, 7.1, or 7.2?
This recording covers planning tips, hardware and software prerequisites, and post-installation requirements—your upgrade isn’t complete until this last step is done!
The focus will be on upgrading to 7.3, but you’ll also learn specifics for a 7.1 or 7.2 release upgrade.
HelpSystems offers a full portfolio of software and services that help make IT lives easier. Contact us to request a live technology update at your convenience.