Government officials are warning organisations that they must prepare for the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) now—or face severe consequences when it comes into force. It’s not just the EU that needs to be concerned—the GDPR will impact organisations anywhere in the world that collect and process data of European residents. It aims to simplify data protection and provide individuals more control over their personal data. The law takes effect on 25 May 2018, leaving less than 4 months to develop and update policies and systems to comply with the GDPR.
In the fourth of our "Preparing for the GDPR" webinar series, HelpSystems GDPR expert Donnie MacColl discusses:
- The purpose of GDPR and who it will affect
- The GDPR implications: penalties, notification, and rectification of a data breach
- The 8 rights according to GDPR
- Knowing your data: how to identify data that you process and store, knowing where it came from, and how to remove it
Donnie will also explain how HelpSystems can help you comply with the GDPR, including solutions for:
- Data encryption
- Automating processes
- Virus protection
- Auditable, secure managed file transfers
- Managing compliance and data privacy threats
Are you and your organisation ready for GDPR? Talk to the HelpSystems GDPR experts and find out how you can prepare.