The Build-A-Bot Workshop is designed to fast track your company's automation initiatives. This workshop is delivered in three segments to maximize the knowledge transfer of what RPA can do, how to prioritize process candidates, and get started with bots.
The implementation activities are delivered on a pre-paid basis.
- Quick, in-depth assessment of Automate
- Kickstart organizational adoption with automation champions
- Build initial team skills and identify your Botstars
- Build a prioritized and ROI-qualified bot backlog
Scope of Services
TRAINING AND INITIAL BUILD
DURATION: 4 hours
AUDIENCE: This segment is designed for functional-level leadership. Our goal is to help participants understand the capabilities of RPA and how to “think like a bot” so they can intuitively understand what makes a great bot candidate. Ideal team size is 5-10 people.
This team will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software products as well as developing new products. The ideal candidates have a strong desire for excellence, with confidence in their expertise, and are creative problem solvers.
SESSION 1 – DEMO
OBJECTIVE: High-level review of Automate capabilities, including:
- What is Automate RPA?
- Security (Users/Roles)
- Bot Distribution Reporting
- Interactive vs Background Tasks
- Unattended bots
- Introduction to Automate Intelligent Capture
- Capturing information from a document
- Export data into specific format (CSV, XML, Database Export)
- Unattended Options
- Using A.I. for learning and model training
SESSION 2 – BOT BUILDING
OBJECTIVE: See how easy it is to implement a process in Automate. We will select up to two tasks from a list of candidates, each taking up to one hour max to build. Partial list of options:
- GUI Automation/Interactivity
- How to automate GUI applications for desktop application automation
- Connecting Automate with Third Party Applications via API
- Connect to API and work with JSON objects
- Excel Automation
- Reading and writing information from Excel and other spreadsheet-type files
- Web Browser Automation
- Connecting to a website and interacting with key components
- Email Automation
- Sending and receiving emails through SMTP, IMAP, POP3, or Exchange
- File System Automation
- Copying, moving, and creating files with Automate
- Database Automation
- How to connect to any DB and perform queries
* More available upon request
We will finish with a quick introduction to the bot submission process.
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT: Each business leader is responsible for submitting at least two bot candidates from their business unit prior to Day 2.
IDEATION & PRIORITIZATION
DURATION: 4 hours
AUDIENCE: This segment is designed for functional-level leadership. The goal is to help the team develop the skills to analyze processes for the bot factory and prioritize them. Ideal team size is 5-10 people.
SESSION 1 – EVALUATING EACH CANDIDATE
OBJECTIVE: During this session, the instructor will lead the team through evaluating each candidate to ensure that they are properly documented and scored. The team will talk through the risks and advantages, previous experiences, and typical prerequisites.
SESSION 2 – PRIORITIZATION & PLANNING
OBJECTIVE: After the bots are properly scored, the instructor will help the team evaluate the top projects and identify plans for automation. We will set expectations and next steps, decide on the best course of action and define clear guidance on how to proceed to the next stage.
- Process Analysis: Recording, documenting, and understating your process
- Implementation: Creating your process within Automate using our best practices (logging, smart notifications, functions, and events)
- ROI Analysis: Measure success of chosen process
BOT CREATION WORKSHOP
DURATION: 8 hours
AUDIENCE: This segment is for Bot Developers.
SESSION 1 – BOT BUILDING
OBJECTIVE: Build as much automation as possible. An instructor will give each team member advice on the processes selected, automation approach, automation risks to avoid, best practices, and possible paths to avoid roadblocks. The team will then work on their automation projects with HelpSystems as a subject matter expert to help solve challenges, answer questions as they come up, and present solutions and counseling when necessary.
REMOTE: POST-WORKSHOP REVIEW
- Send Feedback on the bot-a-thon process
- Share prioritized backlog and ROI assumptions
- Determine next steps