Why go paperless? The numbers speak for themselves...
Stats from the Infographic:
Cost and Risk:
- 67 percent of data loss is directly related to user blunders, making them 30 times more menacing than viruses and the leading cause of data loss. Keep your information safe >
- There are nearly 4 trillion paper documents stored by businesses and government agencies worldwide.
- The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper every year.
- More than 70 percent of today’s businesses would fail within 3 weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records dues to fire or flood.
- It takes about 18 minutes on average to search for a document. Digital documents are easier to find >
- A typical employee spends 30–40 percent of their time looking for information locked in emails, documents, shared hard disks and filing cabinets.
- A four-drawer file cabinet holds an average of 10,000 documents, takes 9 square feet of floor space, and costs $1,500 per year.
- Every 12 filing cabinets require an additional employee to maintain them.