Back again with another commonly-asked question of our Technical Support Team.
“I’m trying to scan a document, but I keep getting a TWAIN error.”
Issues with the TWAIN driver indicate that the computer isn’t recognizing the scanner driver, and Scan Workstation is reporting a problem. However, TWAIN driver errors are not caused by the Scan Workstation.
A TWAIN driver is software that handles communication between a PC and a scanner.
Updates or reboots to the scanner could be the reason the scanner is no longer recognizing the TWAIN driver. To fix this problem, you should try the following:
- Try rebooting the scanner, or unplug the scanner from the workstation and plug it back in.
- Open the TWAIN driver you installed with your scanner and check the scanner settings.
- Upgrade your TWAIN driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Check whether other programs on your PC can scan.
- Uninstall and reinstall the scanner software.
If none of these remedy the TWAIN error, contact the scanner’s manufacturer for device-specific fixes.
Got more questions about scanning documents? Find the answers.