Organizations of all sizes are turning to automation to solve their most critical problems. While there may be different ways to approach automation—whether through robotic process automation or business process automation—the benefits are plentiful. Here are just some of the many strengths and capabilities automation can bring to your organization.
Strengths Offered by Automation
- Increased productivity. Streamlining tedious, repetitive, manual workflows leaves employees free to spend their time working on more value-adding strategic activities.
- Enhanced reliability. Automation ensures that jobs are not forgotten or run out of sequence, that prerequisite jobs are completed successfully, that the input data is correct, and that any special processing is performed.
- Improved availability. Automate your save and recovery systems to ensure protection from the potential disaster of disk loss, or inadvertent damage to system objects from human error.
- Better collaboration. Enable collaboration between IT and business teams by centralizing automation and connecting data with detailed analytics.
Capabilities Offered by Automation
- Application integration. Connect your most critical business applications between existing systems, applications, and workflows under a central platform.
- Report generation and distribution. Do more with worksheets to manipulate data and automate reporting across your organization by pulling data from numerous sources to build and send intelligent reports.
- Microsoft automation. Automate your most time consuming Microsoft application tasks including Outlook, Excel, and even SharePoint automation.
- Data scraping and extraction. Speed up data entry with sophisticated data extraction, transformation, and transport tools to keep your critical data moving without the need for manual entry or custom script writing.
As you explore more about the strengths and capabilities offered by automation, you’ll discover there are many processes to automate in your organization. Consider finding a focus area to pilot a project to prove how powerful automation can be in your organization.
Check out our guide “What is Robotic Process Automation? A Guide to RPA” to get an in-depth look at this transformative technology.