It's a brave new world for IT. And it often seems impossible to predict future demand and guard against performance risks.
You have mountains of data, scalable cloud infrastructures, and a complex web of IT environments. It's complicated, to say the least.
And it's matched by skyrocketing consumer demand for and reliance on online services.
Bottom line: outages are more dangerous to a company’s reputation and revenue than ever before.
Cloud computing is flexible. And it may have made it easier to avoid outages by adjusting server space to respond to increased demand.
But it also made it easier for companies to over provision IT resources. And that results in spending thousands more on services than you actually need to.
Service failures and over provisioning represent serious risk to your company’s bottom line.
So, you need to protect your organization with tools and strategies that can help you navigate increasingly complex IT environments.
Do Risk Analysis with Better Capacity Planning
An unplanned outage could cost your company an average of $500,000 for every hour that services are down.
Meanwhile, the total annual cost of over provisioning for IT services each year is $1.5 billion. And the average company leaves around 50 percent of its purchased cloud server space unused.
These costs aren’t small enough to justify anything but the most stringent protection against IT risk. Getting the protection your organization needs typically requires advanced capacity planning software.
Capacity planning requires you to:
- Collect massive amounts of performance data from every server in your system.
- Then you can quickly analyze that data to determine the risk levels of those servers.
- And finally, you can use predictive analytics to determine how long you have before detected risks will likely occur.
It’s time to take care of these tasks without drawing valuable man hours away from value-creating IT tasks. That’s why your IT department needs software to automate the collection, structuring, and analysis of these volumes of data.
Be Prepared for Anything
It's time to mitigate the threats to service quality created by this complex new world.
Choose tools that let you monitor relative risk for each of your services on a simple scale of 0 to 100.
You'll know exactly which services will be at risk and when.
Then you can drill down into granular details to quickly resolve the impending problem.
- Break out of IT silos by tracking risk across physical, virtual, and cloud-based environments
- Use automated algorithms that account for non-linear behavior
- Avoid lost revenue and productivity by preventing slowdowns and outages
- Predict and prepare for increased demand
- Quickly resolve the conditions that lead to bottlenecks throughout your infrastructure
- Balance performance and cost with accurate capacity planning
Learn how complex monitoring, analysis and prediction involved in capacity management can be reduced to one metric for service health (current performance) and one metric for service risk (future performance), making this process more manageable and transparent to all stakeholders in this guide.