Security Policy Management Software for IBM i, UNIX, Linux, AIX, and Windows
Simplified security policy creation, security administration, and compliance reporting
Document a Security Policy
Automatically capture current server settings to define your security policy—a written statement of how your organization protects IT assets, which is required by many security mandates.
Automate Security Policy Adherence
Save security administrators countless hours of manual data analysis and reporting. With the ability to automatically compare security policies to actual server settings, you’ll guarantee that system reports are 100% accurate—and dramatically increase your productivity.
Simplify Script Management Across Servers
When server settings need to be changed, Policy Minder’s admin console makes it easy to automatically administer changes on one or multiple servers at the same time using agentless technology. You’ll stay compliant and avoid human error, making your system more secure.
Meet Regulatory Mandates
Let your software automatically fix out-of-compliance items. Policy Minder can find and fix any exceptions to policy in order to maintain compliance.
Manage Compliance from a Single Screen
Managing security policies and compliance with those policies on multiple systems becomes much easier on a single screen in a user-friendly, browser-based interface.
Automated Security Administration
When settings must be changed manually on multiple servers, the logistics of complying with your security policy become impractical. From changing server settings to running compliance checks, you can take tedious and time-consuming security administration tasks off your plate and let software handle them automatically.
Here are just a few ways Policy Minder can automate your security administration tasks:
- Apply your organization’s security configuration as new servers come online
- Manage the permissions and ownership of files and directories
- Run compliance checks to identify new files or changes to settings or files
- Return global security settings to match compliance requirements
- Identify inactive local user accounts
- Ensure local user accounts remain configured correctly
Define a Security Policy Automatically
Many IT security regulations require organizations to establish written statements of how they’ll protect IT assets, including customers’ personally identifiable information (PII). Large corporations might start with broad policies that guide the detailed information included in sub-policies that focus on specific types of data or regions of the world. For smaller companies, a single security policy might be sufficient.
Regardless of an organization’s size or complexity, servers have hundreds of configuration settings that affect security posture. Creating a security policy by manually documenting each setting is a time-consuming process that includes the very real risk of human error. Policy Minder takes the entire project off your to-do list by automating the creation of your security policy. Start by documenting your system’s existing settings to establish a baseline. Updating the policy to reflect changes is quick and easy, and you can check for out-of-compliance settings as often as you want—even every day.
Reduce the manual work required to check and report on compliance across your systems. From a central console, Policy Minder allows you to monitor changes and run reports without the hassle of consolidating data across multiple servers.
Automating your compliance reporting with Policy Minder gives you the ability to:
- Monitor for changes to ownership, permissions, and attributes for a specific set of files or directories
- Document policies with detail, including notes proving corporate policy adherence, justifying deviations from best practices, or detailing out-of-compliance items
- Run FixIt reports that display both new, changed values and previous values
- Consolidate reports from multiple servers into one report for auditors, eliminating manual processes
- Run reports on time, regardless of how busy administrators are
- Easily distribute reports via email in PDF or CSV format to yourself or compliance officers
Easy Remedy of Policy Discrepancies
It’s one thing to identify a full list of security policy exceptions across your servers, and another to actually fix all of them. No security administrator has time for such an onerous, manual task. Policy Minder has the power to both find and fix discrepancies across your servers—resulting in a more secure system in less time.
After Policy Minder identifies cases in which your actual settings do not match your defined policy, the software uses the FixIt feature to automatically remedy policy exceptions. You can schedule FixIt to run at selected times or on the fly, and the software will log changes made in a report which you can easily save and distribute. With Policy Minder, complying with your security policy is quick and easy, allowing you to avoid security threats that might have otherwise lurked on your system unnoticed for months.
Integrated Script Management
Eliminate inconsistencies between servers by consolidating scripts in a central location and running them on multiple servers. Policy Minder’s script policies function enables users to upload scripts into the Policy Minder console and run them as part of their regular compliance checks.
The software’s built-in reporting capabilities provide documentation of when a script was run and whether or not it was successful. You can also use the built-in cron function to run scripts on a scheduled basis across multiple servers and email administrators a report with the results.
Integrated script management includes the ability to:
- Import existing policies into the Policy Minder console
- Define script conditions and return codes to be included in the compliance report
- Automate the running of scripts (compliance checks) across multiple servers
- Define a “FixIt script” to be run when a script is non-compliant
- Provide proof to auditors that scripts were run on a regular basis
- Determine whether the script changed since the last time it was run
- Create user-defined policies to check unique requirements not defined within Policy Minder
Multi-Platform Security Policy Management
Ensure policy adherence on multiple platforms
Policy Minder automates security administration and compliance reporting for organizations running:
Explore Policy Minder Resources
Available Services for Policy Minder
When you’re short on time or expertise, our consultants can assist with software installation, configuration, customization, and more to make sure your project is done right.