Microsoft SQL Server Job Scheduling
Manage Microsoft SQL server jobs more efficiently
Improve SQL Server job Scheduling with Automate Schedule
Server sprawl seems to be occurring in every data center these days, and companies are looking for ways to achieve central control. Although SQL Server provides a facility to schedule and execute its jobs, there are a number of features in Automate Schedule that can add significant value to managing your SQL Server jobs. It’s time to bring Microsoft SQL Server into the fold of enterprise automation.
Automate Schedule can easily include your Microsoft SQL Server jobs in your production job stream. With Automate Schedule's interface for SQL Server, you’ll no longer need to log in to each SQL server to view the schedule or check for errors. This compresses the amount of time business processes take to complete and reduces dependence on any manual, error-prone processes. Integrating your SQL Server job scheduler into an enterprise schedule also eliminates errors from having multiple schedules that don’t communicate with one another.
Reap the Benefits of an Integrated Microsoft Server Job Schedule
Here are some of the many benefits to integrating the SQL Server job scheduler into Automate Schedule:
- Enable cross-platform, event-driven scheduling by executing a SQL Server job on a Windows platform that can trigger a job to begin on another
- React to events external to SQL server, such as file arrivals or changes, processes starting or ending, and SNMP traps
- Check for conditions which must be met before a job executes, such as the availability of a SQL Server
- Direct scheduling or your SSIS packages
- Free up your Database Administrators for more complex tasks by moving the scheduling of SQL Server jobs to the Operations or a Production Control area
- Assign scheduling exceptions, such as run time range and non-working days, to a job’s regular schedule
- Meet Service Level Agreements with monitors for job underruns, overruns, and late starts
- Access job logs and audit histories for troubleshooting
- Receive immediate email or text message notification if a SQL Server job fails, runs longer than normal, or is late to start so that you can fix the error quickly
- Use Automate Schedule’s Agent Groups to set up and schedule a single SQL Server job that runs on multiple servers, simplifying and streamlining the scheduling process.
Go Ahead, Take a Closer Look
Automate Schedule's powerful analysis tools bring your SQL Server job scheduler into the bigger picture by providing:
- Forecast Models. It’s easy to create a forecast for the coming week so you can plan maintenance and outages accordingly. The forecast shows what jobs are scheduled across all of your servers, including what day and time they are scheduled, what the dependencies are, and what the average run time has been based on job history. The longer you use Automate Schedule, the more accurate your forecast becomes.
- Job Flow Diagrams. This tool lets you diagram each job stream and customize the diagram with comments and labels. Job Flow Diagrams visually display the dependencies and relationships of your job streams, making it easy for operators to follow.
- Schedule Activity Monitor. The Schedule Activity Monitor shows you which jobs are scheduled for the next 24 hours and makes it easy to spot the exceptions. The Schedule Activity Monitor shows you which jobs have failed, missed their start time, or are running late—and displays the reason why.
Align Your SQL Server Jobs
Automate Schedule helps you rein in the complexity of your SQL Server network by simplifying the scheduling process and documenting the schedule. Automating your SQL Server jobs eliminates errors caused by manual processes, improves efficiency, and frees up your database administrators to concentrate on new, innovative solutions for your core business.
Automate Schedule's web-based, intuitive interface, affordable pricing, and lightning-fast implementation will help you schedule and monitor your Microsoft SQL Server management jobs and data integration processes within minutes. Check out our Application Integrations and learn about our interfaces for other business applications.