Use Automate for Intermapper to execute network management tasks automatically in response to alerts. When both tools are deployed on the same machine, you can automate manual activities like restarting down devices, deploying backups, collecting log files, and more.
Before You Start, You Must:
- Install Intermapper and Automate on the same machine.
- Run the products on the Windows platform.
- Run Automate version 10 and Intermapper version 5.9 or later.
Once Intermapper and Automate are both installed on the same machine:
- Open Intermapper, and go to Edit > Server Settings.
- Under Automate, check the Enabled box.
- Create Intermapper notifiers and Automate tasks,
- Create Intermapper notifiers that can trigger Automate tasks. Learn how.
Your trial comes with the ability to configure up to five devices as flows exporters that will send performance metrics to Intermapper. Once you configure at least one network device as a flows exporter, Intermapper will collect and display the data so you can use its visual dashboards to troubleshoot network performance over time.
Selecting a device as a flows exporter depends on the type of traffic you want to examine. To see how internal users are connecting outside the network, choosing an exporter on an edge router or switch, or firewall, is usually best. To look at internal traffic, choose a device on the network backbone.