Create, Get, Append & Delete Environment Variable
Demonstrates a variety of environment variable related procedures using various actions
This sample task demonstrates a variety of environment variable related procedures using the following actions:
Set Environment Variable - Sets the value of an environment variable, and optionally creates the variable if it does not exist.
Get Environment Variable - Retrieves the value of an environment variable and places it into an Automate variable.
Append Environment Variable - Appends text to an environment variable. Optionally, the action can populate an Automate variable with the resulting value.
Delete Environment Variable - Removes an environment variable.
During runtime, details regarding each step of this sample task are as follows:
1. A Set Environment Variable action creates a new environment variable of type "user" along with a value for that variable. The value being "BPATemp".
2. A 'Create Variable' action creates an Automate variable named "EnvironmentVarValue".
3. A Get Environment Variable action populates the Automate variable with the value of the newly created environment variable.
4. A 'Message Box' action displays the value of the created environment variable.
5. Another 'Create Variable' action creates a variable named "EnvironmentVarAppended".
6. An Append Environment Variable action appends text to the value of the created environment variable. The text to append is " at Network Automation". The AutoMate variable named "EnvironmentVarAppended" is populated with the text value.
7. Another 'Message Box' action displays the new value of the created environment variable after text has been appended.
8. Finally, a Delete Environment Variable action deletes the environment variable initially created in the first step.