The prerequisites required for Installation of Network Server Suite are:
You must be able to provide administrator access to all the Windows Servers/PC’s onto which the monitoring software (Server Manager) or Enterprise Server and Console is to be installed.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
The minimum hardware requirements for the installation of Network Server Suite are as follows:
- Enterprise Server Install: Minimum 4GB available disk space, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended),
- Minimum 1.4 GHz Processor Speed (2.0 GHz or faster recommended)
- Enterprise Client Install: minimum 1GB available disk space
- Static IP Address for device on which Enterprise Console Server is installed
Prerequisite Software (Log Viewer)
If you wish to use the Log Viewer functionality throughout Network Server Suite you require:
- Microsoft XML (MSXML) 4.0 Service Pack 3
Prerequisite SQL Server Software
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 or higher recommended
If SQL Server is installed on a device other than the one on which Network Server Suite is installed
(recommended), you will also require:
- Microsoft SQL Server Native Client (version 9.0 or later)
Note: Manual installation of SQL Server 2008 Express R2 and SQL Server Native Client is required prior to installation of Halcyon Enterprise Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 ENU (installed as part of the setup process if it does not already exist)
Operating System (Windows)
- Windows 2003 SP2
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2
- Windows 2003 Datacenter Edition SP2
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition SP2
- Windows Server 2008 Standard*
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise*
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter*
- Windows Server 2012 Standard*
- Windows Server 2012 R2*
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials*
*Requires higher hardware specification than listed above. Please see the manufacturer web site for further information.
Evaluation Environment (** User Account Control (UAC) must be disabled.)
- Windows Vista SP2 or above**
- Windows 7 SP1 or above**
- Windows 8**
- Windows 10**
For production mode, it is recommended that Network Server Suite is installed on Windows Server 2003 SP2 or above which can be either a physical or virtual machine. For testing purposes the product will install to Vista or Windows 7 with User Account Control (UAC) disabled.
Microsoft .Net Framework (v4 or higher)
In order to run Network Server Suite v10.2 .Net Framework v4.0 or higher must be installed on the server onto which the installation is being implemented.
Microsoft .Net Framework v4
This can be downloaded from:
Microsoft .Net Framework v4.5
This can be downloaded from:
GSM data terminal
A SIM card is required for the GSM data terminal. Please order the GSM data terminal from Halcyon Software and contact your external suppliers for a suitable SIM card.