How to uninstall a Showcase server on the iSeries?
For all current releases of Showcase, use the instructions below to uninstall a ShowCase server. The instructions for uninstalling a ShowCase server are also in the Showcase Installation Guide - Uninstalling Server Components.
To Uninstall Showcase Server Libraries:
- Log on with QSECOFR or equivalent authority (*ALLOBJ, *IOSYSCFG, *SAVSYS, *JOBCTL, and *SECADM special authorities are needed).
- Back up any server settings you want to save. See the Showcase 9 Administrator's Guide for instructions.
- Verify no users are connected to the library. See the Showcase 9 Administrator's Guide for instructions.
- Restore the UNINSTSC utility from the UNINSTSC save file that exists in the server library by entering the following command:
RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(QTEMP) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(serverlib/UNINSTSC) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(QTEMP)
- Replace serverlib with the name of your ShowCsse server library to uninstall.
- This restores three objects into QTEMP.
- Enter QTEMP/UNINSTSC and press Enter. This command cannot be submitted to batch mode.
- Enter the name of your ShowCase server library name you want to uninstall and press Enter to confirm.