The following steps demonstrate how to request an Object Report. (In order to request an Object Report, a few settings need to first be made during the Assessment Request.)
To Request an Object Report
- Go to the Compliance Monitor Consolidator to select the system or group of systems you would like to produce a report for.
- Right-click on the System/System Group and choose Request Assessment.
- Click on the expand triangle to the left of Object to open the functions available for this report. Check the report you need from the list on the right side of the screen. Objects by Type is used for this example.
- Select the Object Limits tab.
- Create an Object Limit by selecting New. In the following example, QSYS has been created.
The Object Path should be /QSYS.LIB/. The / must appear after QSYS.LIB or Compliance Monitor will not yield the requested information. You can also select a specific library.
Note: Do not select just / which is Root. This will cause your QSPL to lock up your system.
- Check "Include IFS Subdirectories" to include the objects within the libraries.
- Select the Object Types tab to give you the list of object types you would like to see. Check "Name" to select or deselect all. You can then select which type of objects you need in your report.
- Once you have created your limits, select “save” and “finish”.
- Once you have your report, you can also filter for object types you would like to see in your report by selecting the Filters Tab (at the bottom of the report screen).
- Configure your filter settings in the Filter Editor.
- When you have finished configuring the filter settings, click Save.
Now this report will only display the filtered objects.