Note: This method uses FTP to download a savf directly to your IBM i system. If FTP is not allowed in this way, you can download the savf to your workstation and move the savf to the system. Sign on with a profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities and run the restore and install commands listed below:
- Sign on to the IBM i with a profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities. At an IBM i command line do the following:
- CRTSAVF SETUPTMP
- ftp ftpsupport.helpsystems.com (selection or command)
- Enter login id: u55340224-tc (Use the password provided by Support)
- get PolicyMinder/SETUPTMP.SAVF SETUPTMP.SAVF (REPLACE
- DLTLIB SETUPTMP (if prior copy exists)
- RSTLIB SAVLIB(SETUPTMP) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(SETUPTMP)
(You should see the completion message of objects restored from SETUPTMP to SETUPTMP.)
- If the product is being installed for the first time, at the end of the installation you’ll be prompted to enter an Authority code which you should “copy and paste” from the email sent you. When upgrading, you may still be presented with Authority code display. If you are, simply press Enter to continue.
The easiest way to ensure the codes are entered correctly is to copy and paste them from the email sent to you. Authority codes may include zero’s and the letter O (and it may be difficult to distinguish between the two depending on the font you use on your PC), as well as punctuation marks including periods. Please do not attempt to write down the code and then enter it by hand.
- You will also be prompted to enter your Company name. This is the name that appears on the reports. If Policy Minder is going to be run on multiple systems, it is helpful to add the system name. For example, 'SkyView Partners, Inc (PROD_01)'.
- To access the product, type GO SKYPM from a command line.
Note: The profile used for either method must have *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.