Interact will work when installed to an IASP, however, currently (version 3.03) the installer will only install Interact to the system ASP (SYSASP).
To install Interact on an IASP, download the Interact installation wizard from the download page and run it on the SYSASP.
- Save the PTINTERACT library to a save file:
- End the Interact monitors:
- Save the PTINTERACT Library to the SAVF file created in step 1:
SAVLIB LIB(PTINTERACT) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/PTIASAV)
- Remove the job queue entry in the subsystem.
RMVJOBQE SBSD(PTWRKMGT/PTWRKMGT) JOBQ(PTINTERACT/PWRLCKIA)
- Delete the PTINTERACT library:
- Determine the name of the IASP on your system:
WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*DEV) CFGD(*ASP)
- Restore PTINTERACT library to the IASP:
RSTLIB SAVLIB(PTINTERACT) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(<user>/PTIASAV) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(PTINTERACT) RSTASPDEV(IASP1A)
- Change the job description PTINTERACT/PWRLCKIA to use the IASP:
CHGJOBD JOBD(PTINTERACT/PWRLCKIA) INLASPGRP(IASP1A)
- Change the PTWRKMGT/PTWRKMGT subsystem to use the job queue for the IASP:
Note - The subsystem must be ended to do this change for the job queue.
ENDSBS PTWRKMGT *IMMED
CHGSBSD SBSD(PTWRKMGT/PTWRKMGT) ASPGRP(IASP1A)
- Add the job queue entry back into the PTWRKMGT subsystem:
ADDJOBQE SBSD(PTWRKMGT/PTWRKMGT) JOBQ(PTINTERACT/PWRLCKIA) MAXACT(1000) SEQNBR(115)
Note - In order to use the command WRKLIB on an IASP submit the command:
Then submit the command:
The following will be displayed:
Submit the command to go into the Interact Main Menu, configure the application, and install the license key:
Take Option 3, then Option 2 and insert the license key.
Note: This will also show the ASP Group = the IASP name.
Note: In order to run commands such as DSPMSG PTINTERACT/PLIEVTMSGQ you must run the command SETASPGRP or have this configured in your user profile.