Before You Install
Please review the following information before installing Interact.
Note: When installing Interact in an HA environment:
- Stop the replication of user profiles from production to HA system by either ending the replication software or ending the replication of the user profiles.
- Install Interact on the HA and production systems.
- Setup Interact replication per the HA Setup instructions. To view these instructions, see Interact Setup in an HA Environment.
- Start replication (including the user profiles).
Interact requires that you enter a valid license key. Contact email@example.com if you need to request a new license key.
It is Powertech’s goal not to change system values on customer systems because we recognize that security-conscious organizations have rigorous change control processes in place for even small changes to system values. Therefore, we ask you to make any system value changes that are needed. However, the Interact installation process could change a system value to allow the install to proceed if a system value is not set as specified below. If the Installation Wizard changes a system value during install, it changes it back to its original value when the install completes.
To install Powertech Interact on your system, the following system values that control object restores must be configured as shown.
- Set QALWOBJRST to *ALWPGMADP (at a minimum) to allow the system to restore programs that adopt authority. Many Powertech Interact programs adopt the authority of the product owner, rather than forcing you to give authority directly to administrators and end users. (Note: For some system configurations, *ALL is required temporarily.)
- QALWUSRDMN controls which libraries on the system can contain certain types of user domain objects. You should set the system value to *ALL or include the name of the Interact product library (PTINTERACT) for Interact options to function properly.
- QVFYOBJRST can be 1, 2, or 3. This allows Interact to restore all objects regardless of their signature. (Note: If you normally check signatures, remember to check this system value after the Interact install process completes.)
- Set QFRCCVNRST (Force conversion on restore) to 0, 'Do not convert anything.'
Interact requires the following:
- IBM i version V7R1 or higher
Note: During installation an FTP connection is initiated. The FTP server responds with messages that prompt for FTP login credentials. The standard port reserved to establish an FTP connection to the IBM i is port 21. Consequently, it is required that this port is open and ‘listening’ on the server in order to establish a connection with the Installation Wizard and facilitate a successful installation.
The Interact installation process is completely automated.
Ensure the following servers are available and running prior to installation:
- FTP Server
- Remote Command Server
Do the following to install Interact:
- Download the Interact Installer (setupInteract3.exe) to your PC. To do so, go to the HelpSystems website and click My Account. (The "Trial" download is the full product, which can be unlocked with a valid License Key).
- Double-click the .exe file to start the Installation Wizard. When prompted, enter the name of the system on which you want to install Interact, a user profile, and password.
Note: Make sure the user profile is a member of the user class *SECOFR and has at least the following special authorities: *ALLOBJ, *SECADM, *JOBCTL, *IOSYSCFG, and *AUDIT. The user profile should have Limit capabilities set to *NO.
- The Wizard installs Interact on your system.
- When the install completes on the system, you can view the install log or select “Restart and load another system” to install Interact on another system. Follow the instructions to install it on additional systems. You can install Interact on as many systems as you want, one at a time.
- When you are finished installing on all systems, uncheck the checkbox and then click Finish to remove the Wizard from your PC.
The installation process displays the job log name, user, and job log number. Use the WRKSPLF command to display the job log for complete information on the Interact install.
The Interact installation process installs the following product libraries, user profiles, authorization list, and objects on your system. It also creates the PTWRKMGT subsystem if it doesn’t already exist and adds job queue entries to the subsystem.
|Installed on System||Description|
PTIAADM, which has no special authorities
PTIADTA —Powertech Interact Data Objects
Object Type: *CMD
Product: Main Menu
The subsystem is created at install if it doesn’t already exist on the system.
Job Queue Entries
Added to PTWRKMGT subsystem.
Starting and Licensing Interact
To start and license Interact, do the following:
- Enter the command WRKPTIA on a command line to display the Interact Main Menu.
- Choose option 3 to open the Configuration Menu, then option 2, Work with Interact Customer License.
- Press F11, paste the License Code, and press Enter. (Contact Technical Support if you need to request a new license code.)
The Interact Guide
The Interact Administrator's Guide is an online help system that you can view using any browser. It contains information on how to use Interact to manage critical security information on your systems.
The Interact Administrator's Guide is also installed as part of the product installation in the following directory: C: \Program Files\PowerTech\Interact
The installation process also places a shortcut to the Guide in your Start Menu. Click the shortcut to open the Guide in your browser.