IBM i Minimum Requirements
Operating System:Version V5R3 or higherDisk space:75 MB
For IBM i version V5R3, please ensure that the following IBM licensed program is installed before proceeding:
|Licensed Program||Product Option||Description|
|5722AC3||*BASE||Crypto Acces Provider|
The 5722AC3 licensed program is provided by IBM, typically for no charge. It contains core cryptology functions which are utilized by Crypto Complete. Starting in i5/OS version V5R4, the 5722AC3 cryptology functions are included in the base operating system and therefore 5722AC3 does not need to be installed separately.
To check if 5722AC3 is installed on the system (only for V5R3), run the command GO LICPGM and select option 10 to display the installed licensed programs. If the 5722AC3 licensed program is not loaded, then install it from the i5/OS software CDs or contact IBM.
The Crypto Complete software restores onto the IBM i as a Licensed Program named 4CRYPTO. After you restore this licensed program, the software (objects) will be contained in the library named CRYPTO.
Only the QSECOFR user profile or a user profile with *SECADM authority can install Crypto Complete.
Installation of Crypto Complete requires authority to the following commands:
- RSTLICPGM (Restore Licensed Program)
- CRTLIB (Create Library)
- CRTDUPOBJ (Create Duplicate Object)
- CRTVLDL (Create Validation List)
- CRTJRN (Create Journal)
- CRTJRNRCV (Create Journal Receiver)
Please read this section if you are upgrading from a prior release of Crypto Complete.
New Product License Keys (when upgrading from a version prior to 3.0)
New product license key(s) are required when upgrading from a version prior to 3.0. Please contact Linoma Software to request new product license keys. Failure to do so will cause the product to stop functioning.
Check for Locks
Before upgrading, if you have CRYPTO in the System Library List, there will be many locks on the CRYPTO library. This is okay.
If you are using IFS Encryption, make sure there are no locks on the CRPFIFS, CRPFIFS2 and CRPFIFSLOG files in the CRYPTO library. If locks are present, you may need to put the system in a restricted state before upgrading in order to end all of those jobs.
Retention of User Data
Warning: You should not delete the existing Crypto Complete licensed program 4CRYPTO or the library CRYPTO before upgrading, otherwise user-defined data in the CRYPTO library will be lost.
If you already have a permanent license key to Crypto Complete, this license key will be retained during an upgrade.
The following user-defined data will be retained through the Crypto Complete upgrade:
- Key Policy settings
- Security Alert settings
- Key Officer entries
- Master Encryption Keys
- Key Stores
- Field Encryption Registry entries
- External files used to store encrypted field values
During the installation process, a copy of the existing user-defined data will be saved into a library called CRYPTxxxxx, where xxxxx is a sequential number starting with 00001. This library will only be needed if an upgrade fails, in which case you should contact Linoma Software.
Follow the steps on the next page to install/upgrade Crypto Complete.
The Crypto Complete software is contained in an IBM i Save file, which needs to be uploaded to your system. Perform the following steps to install (or upgrade) the Crypto Complete product onto the system.
- Download the Powertech Crypto Complete installation file to your PC. To do so, go to the HelpSystems website and click My Account. (The "Trial" download is the full product, which can be unlocked with a valid License Key).
- Sign on to the IBM i with the QSECOFR user profile or with a profile that has *SECADM rights. This profile should have authority to the i5/OS commands of RSTLICPGM, CRTLIB, CRTDUPOBJ, CRTVLDL, CRTJRN and CRTJRNRCV.
- Create a temporary Save file on your system by executing the following i5/OS command:
- The Crypto Complete product needs to be uploaded to your IBM i using FTP. Before proceeding, make sure the FTP server is running on the system. To start the FTP server on the system, you can issue the command of STRTCPSVR SERVER(*FTP)
- The Crypto Complete product installation file is named CRYPTO.zip. If you do not already have this installation file, then you can download it from the URL provided by Linoma Software.
- Extract the files from CRYPTO.zip into a new temporary folder on your workstation. One of the files which will be extracted is a IBM i Save file named CRYPTO.SAVF.
- FTP the extracted CRYPTO.SAVF file from your PC to the Save file on the IBM i (that was created in step 2). Listed below are instructions for a Windows user:
- Open a DOS window.
- Enter the DOS command FTP <hostname>, where <hostname> is the host name or IP address of your IBM i.
- Login with your i5/OS user id and password, then enter the following highlighted FTP commands:
ftp> BINARY (switches the FTP session to binary mode) ftp> LCD \<tempdir> (<tempdir> is the PC directory containing the file named CRYPTO.SAVF) ftp> CD qgpl (changes the remote directory to the QGPL library) ftp> PUT crypto.savf crypto (sends the PC file CRYPTO.SAVF to the IBM i save file named CRYPTO) ftp> QUIT (ends your FTP session)
- Restore the licensed program from the Save file by running the i5/OS command:
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(4CRYPTO) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/CRYPTO)
- Delete the temporary Save file by executing the following i5/OS command (optional):
- The installed CRYPTO library (and the objects contained in the library) will initially provide authorities to the following users:
- QPGMR: *ALL authority
- *PUBLIC: *USE authority
If you would like to assign different authorities for the CRYPTO library and objects, then use the CHGOBJOWN, RVKOBJAUT and GRTOBJAUT commands to make those changes. It is highly recommended to not give *PUBLIC any additional authorities (beyond *USE) to the programs and commands in CRYPTO library.