- AIX 5.2 or higher.
- A license key is required. Be sure you have a product license before starting this procedure.
- You must have a graphics adapter and Java installed for the GUI configuration.
Download the Stand Guard Anti-Virus for AIX application. Current users can access the download from My Account page. If you're a new user, you should have received an email message containing the download link. If you don't have it, contact your Regional Manager.
- Save the download file to any empty directory.
- Change to that directory.
- As root extract the tar file to the same directory with tar -xvf sgav_aix_p.tar.
- For installation instructions, see the readme_first.txt and install.txt files extracted from sgav_aix_p.tar. The installation creates a /home/standguard/ directory and the license file obtained from Bytware must be placed in that directory before Stand Guard Anti-Virus for AIX will run. The license file is named license.xml and will only work on the partition or computer using the MAC address you sent to HelpSystems.