Network Security's rules take effect as soon as the server cache on the system is cleared. In order to force rules to take effect immediately, do the following to clear the cache manually.
Note: If you would like to clear the cache of several servers at once, the green screen method is recommended.
Clearing the Server Cache (green screen)
- From the Network Security Main Menu, choose option 1 (Work with Security by Server).
- Next to each server whose cache you want to clear, enter SP (Server Properties).
- Change the 'Network Security rules enforced' flag to N, and press Enter.
- Repeat step 2 - enter SP for the required servers.
- Change the 'Network Security rules enforced' flag Y, and press Enter. The rule(s) will be enfored immediately.
Clearing the Server Cache (Web UI)
- Go to the Product Configuration page.
- Select the server whose cache you want to clear. The Edit Server Defaults screen appears.
- Uncheck Enforce Rules.
- Click Save.
- Select the server again and check Enforce Rules.
- Click Save. The rules for this server will be enforced immediately.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for other servers as required.