The STRSQL command, which can be limited using Command Security, can be setup using the following procedure.
- Submit the command WRKPTCS.
- From the Main Menu press F6 to Create a rule.
- Type STRSQL into the ‘Position to’ field and press ENTER. The ‘ST’ entries appear, including the STRSQL command.
- Type ‘1’ next to STRSQL and press ENTER.
- In the command, type ‘8’ next to STRSQL, then press F6 to create a New Rule.
- Press F6 again to create a new Condition.
- The Create Condition screen appears.
- For this example, place your cursor on the ‘Data Source’ line and press F4 for options available.
- Select *USER.
- Put your cursor on the ‘Operator’ line and press F4 for options and select EQUAL TO.
- On the ‘Compare to’ line, type the user you want to make an exception for. For this example, we will use NUSER.
- The final configuration is the ‘Action’. Press F11 then F6 to create a ‘New Action’ and press F4 on the Action line for options and select (for this example) *REJECT.
When activated, the rule will prevent the user ‘NUSER’ from executing the command STRSQL.
Note: For complete details, see the Command Security Administrator's Guide.