Manage and Secure IBM i Commands
- Command Security monitors and secures selected commands on your Power Systems running IBM i.
- You identify which commands to monitor, specify the conditions under which the command should be secured, and define the actions to take when the conditions are met.
- You can have Command Security perform the following actions in response to a specified set of conditions:
- Allow the command to execute as it was entered
- Prevent the command from being executed
- Notify an administrator when the command is issued
- Modify the command in a predefined way (for example, substitute command keywords,
replace the entire command)
Combine actions to define a customized action in response to a command being issued. For example: a) notify the administrator the command was issued; b) check an authorization list; AND c) allow the command to proceed if issued by an authorized user, AND d) change a parameter keyword to a predefined value before execution; OR e) prevent all other users from executing the command.
- If you have conditions and actions that you use frequently, you can define named conditions and named actions for use in multiple monitored commands.
- Use Command Security to :
- Prevent unauthorized users from executing a monitored command
- Control the situations when a command is allowed
- Allow only authorized users to execute certain commands
- Monitor and secure commands used by other applications
Provide an Audit Trail
- Command Security records command use in a secure journal
- Bring visibility to who might be running potentially harmful or sensitive commands.
- Provide a complete audit trail to meet government legislation and industry regulations
Command Security Reports
- Reports document your Command Security activity and setup:
- PCS Journal Report—Prints the activity that has occurred in response to a monitored command
- Database Change Log Report—Prints changes to Command Security settings
- Print Monitored Commands Report—Lists the commands monitored by Command Security
- Print Named Actions Report—Lists the named actions defined to Command Security
- Print Named Conditions Report—Lists the named conditions defined to Command Security