The Crystal Reports 2011 Viewer does not include Excel formatting options (unlike the previous ver- sion). There are two options to access these features in Crystal Reports 2011: Globally for all reports displayed on an individual PC, or on a report-by-report basis.
Change the Client Report Viewer on the PC
If you don’t want to set the Excel formatting on each report you design, you can revert back to the old Client Report Viewer by changing a new (as of xxxxx) registry setting. Note: ALL client reports will use the previous version viewer.
- Start the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) with Start\Run\Regedit.
- Navigate to the folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SEQUEL ViewPoint\General.
- With the General folder displayed, select Edit\New\ String Value from the menu. Overtype the default name with the value ‘ReportViewer’ and press Enter.
- Right-click this new entry, and select Modify.
- Set the Value to “11” or “XI” and press Enter.
Add Excel Formatting to a Client Report
You can control Excel formatting on a report-by-report basis in Crystal Reports 2011 (CRO named license) with the following steps:
- While designing a Crystal Report (the design screen is open) select File\Export\Report Export Options.
- Select Excel and set any preferences desired. (finish designing and save the report)
When the the save option is selected in the new Client Report viewer, the export preferences will be saved in the report.