Benefits of a Content Collaboration Platform
Once upon a time, an organization’s valuable content lived in file drawers with neat little tabbed folders. It also lived on top of desks and on desktops. It lived in saved emails, cloud storage services, and even was embedded in texts. When it was time to share that content however, finding it, working with it, and sending it along often turned into a frightening horror story. Then, one day, content collaboration platforms came to the rescue and all those people trying so hard to work together from near and from far breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Content collaboration platforms have been a tremendous boon to far-flung colleagues as well as to co-workers just down the hall. They offer a way for organizations to wrangle the many pieces of information and content exchanged each day into one, easy-to-use application that pairs business functionality with the familiarity of social networking sites. That presentation you need Francois to edit from Paris and that corporate logo Joe in Toledo needs are now readily available and searchable.
File Sharing and Storage Made Simple with Content Collaboration Platforms
There are many solid reasons to use a content collaboration platform to make file sharing and storage easier. Popular tools such as Google Drive, HubSpot, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Confluence, and more are dashboard-friendly and welcomed by organizations and employees alike. Here are just a few of the many benefits of content collaboration platforms:
- Geographic flexibility: Parking yourself in a chair for eight hours a day is no longer the only way to work. With access to content from virtually anywhere and from most any device, work no longer needs to only be conducted from cube #9. From Jaipur, to Paris, to Ames, Iowa, colleagues can work on and revise content collaboratively without the hassle of digging through email trails and multiple version confusion.
- Efficiency: When individuals can work together without wasting time in the hunt for content, conversations revolve around producing work, not the logistics surrounding it. Being able to quickly share information fosters more transparency and more efficient resolutions to business problems.
- Engagement: Enabling collaboration among teams around the globe helps keep everyone more engaged and in the loop.
- Money savings: According to a McKinsey report, improved communication and collaboration through social technologies could raise the productivity of some workers by 20 to 25 percent. Organizations can staff people where it makes the most economical sense. Instead of centralizing human resources, content and access to it is centralized for more cost-effectiveness.
- Secure, encrypted file sharing: If your organization faces complex regulatory requirements or has security concerns about content (as all organizations should), you’ll want to ensure your file sharing and collaboration tools or platform offer security in addition to flexibility and access.
A managed file transfer solution, like GoAnywhere MFT, can help keep your access and security permissions safe from the wrong user. With MFT in place, you can also set solid controls around the type of data users can access.
Many collaboration tools offer some encryption, but to fully ensure collaboration happens securely you’ll want an MFT solution to help meet the security requirements set by PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITECH, and more. GoAnywhere can automatically encrypt all uploaded documents, provide audit trails and reporting, and prevent data leaks.
MFT Provides Structure and Security for Content Collaboration
GoAnywhere helps you set up governance and workflows to ensure the right people have access to the content needed. Adding this security layer ensures your organization is equipped with easy-to-use file sharing and content collaboration tools as well as the protection you need to share this content. Working together digitally can be secure with the help of GoAnywhere modules such as:
- Secure Folders: Remotely access files on your server. For additional security, you can add a reverse proxy, GoAnywhere Gateway, which allows server requests without having to open any inbound ports.
- Secure Mail: This module sends secure messages and files of any size as encrypted packages that can be downloaded through a protected HTTPS connection.
- Secure Forms: Create custom forms for gathering information and uploading files to your organization. When a form is submitted, the data can be processed securely using GoAnywhere MFT automated workflows.
- GoDrive: This Enterprise File Sync and Sharing (EFSS) solution for employees and trading partners is a secure alternative to cloud-based file sharing services. It provides file storage where GoAnywhere is installed with localized control, end-to-end encryption, and detailed audit trails.
- Mobile apps: Send ad-hoc file transfers with GoAnywhere MFT using the secure and intuitive GoAnywhere MFT mobile app.
- Cloud Connectors: Connectors can help you integrate with and centralize access to popular web apps.
When it comes to enhancing the efficiency, transparency, and collaborative nature of work today IT departments have appealing options from which to choose. A managed file transfer solution, like GoAnywhere MFT, can help make the story of your organization’s content collaboration efforts a positive one.